Wednesday, August 4, 2010

You know youre...

My darling younger brother and one of his best friends arrived in Israel about 2.5 weeks ago. I surprised him at the airport and everything. I got excited and shed a tear and we both remarked how I'm turning into our mother (but that's another story altogether).

I like to try and make my brother laugh so as soon as the three of us stepped out of Ben Gurion Airport I unwittingly started my list of "Welcome to Tel Aviv...". It's essentially in the same vein of "You know you're in [insert city name here] when..." but better of course.

So you can unbate your breath, here is my list of "Welcome to Tel Aviv..."

- ... where it's only 30 degrees but it'll feel like 40.

- ... where the airport has sheruts to Jerusalem and Haifa, but not Tel Aviv so the cab drivers can make more money.

- ... where the men have clearly never seen a girl riding a pink bike before and therefore stare.

- ... where all rules and laws are blatantly broken and disobeyed, except everyone will stop at a red pedestrian light.

- ... where you may have just taken a shower but you'll never know about it.

- ... where a box of cereal costs the same price as a pint.

- ... where nobody seems to go to work because the cafes are always full at all times of day.

- ... where any time is beach time :)

You could go on forever, would love to see if anyone has any contributions. Let me know!

1 comment: